What's on offer
Full-time (35 hours per week) – Fixed term contract for 1 year.
Working hours – Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00 with 1 hour for lunch.
Salary - £7098 per annum.
Based - Future Business Centre, Kings Hedges Road, Cambridge, CB4 2HY.
Allia is looking for a Finance Apprentice to join a small, friendly accounts team at the innovative Future Business Centre in Cambridge. You will get exposure to all aspects of accounting and enjoy a work/life balance with a chance to make a real contribution to an ambitious, dynamic and growing organisation.
Allia is an expanding organisation with a focus on internal career progression, and there is the possibility of permanent employment afterwards.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To provide the Finance team with appropriate finance and administrative support.
- Keep routine financial spreadsheets up to date.
- Enter data onto financial systems.
- To deal with queries from team members, other departments, clients and suppliers.
- Assist with credit control.
- Perform regular bank reconciliations.
- Generate sales invoices at month end.
- Process supplier invoices and reconcile supplier statements.
- Prepare supplier payment runs.
- To take part in appropriate training and staff development.
- To perform other duties appropriate to the job as required.
As a member of the Finance team you will work with the rest of our organisation, providing the support needed to help us grow and succeed. You will need to:
- Be a team player.
- Be highly numerate.
- Communicate on any issues or findings.
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Allia.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Attend all training courses as required.
Qualifications Skills & Personal Attributes Required
- At least a Grade B in both Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & willingness to learn new computer programmes.
- Basic administration skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Flexibility, and a can-do attitude.
- An active listener, asking questions when necessary.
- Respect for the confidentiality and accuracy of records at all times.
- A professional approach to work and customers i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- An ability to thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment.
We will supply funding for you to study towards the AAT qualification, receive time off to attend college and have support from your line manager.
To apply please send your current CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com.Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3rd July 2019.